Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just me and my boy.....

Score!!
Going back to a store by himself


$2.00 hard earned!

Mmmmmm... love me some chinese.....

..............On the way to the mall............



















13 is a really fun age, we can talk about lots of things and have a good time. I do not have to worry about fits because he needs a nap and I can give him a budget and he can comprehend what that means.










Yesterday I took Andrew shopping at the mall, he had money he saved from babysitting plus the money I gave him for school shopping and went to town. He still has enough left for his school supplies and shoes. It was awesome to see him counting in his head how much he spent and how much was left and if the item he was thinking about it really worth the amount they want for it. He got some great deals which he was happy about and now he shops in the big kid stores like Pacific Sun (his new favorite place). We shopped until we dropped and we even earned $2 by taking a 30 minute survey for some poor lady training to get just one more person ( I am a sucker I swear) we had Chinese for dinner and even thought about going and seeing a movie. It was awesome just to have some time with my little man, just him and I.










Love that kid...
















7 comments:

Kristin Coppee said...

Lucky!!! My 12-year-old son does NOT like to shop. I've been cheated! But, he does like one-on-one time. I love it too. It's so nice to have a normal conversation and just kick back with him.

Molly said...

Wow - I just did the school shopping at the mall thing with Emma. It was also some one on one time that was very special to both of us. We ate chocolates from See's, shopped for school shoes and Webkinz! Kids are great - especially 1on1

Shanna said...

He likes to shop when its for him and noone else is with us. Come to think about it I do too! ha!

Amy *aka willa* said...

I love this age, too! It's so awesome!

Andrew is BIG! WOW!

Kristin Coppee said...

Okay, let me clarify - my son does not like to shop EVER - not even if it's for him. He absolutely hates shopping for school clothes and that makes me sad because I wanted to get him some cool stuff to start junior high and he was just annoyed. See? I've been cheated!

Shanna said...

Well lets hope and pray your lil girls will get the shopping gene! :)

Shana said...

I just did the one on one shopping thing with my boy last week... and he's almost 20! He just re-enrolled in college after a year off and since we are not paying for any of it (been there/done that), I did offer some school shopping so he could focus his pizza boy paychecks on tuition and books.

Where was I going with this? Oh, yeah. One on one time with your boy, nothing else like it for a mom, especially when said boy is in a good mood and Chinese food is involved.