Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summertime Oh summertime??


We have had just one week of summer where we plan our own schedule and from then on its baseball time. I never thought of myself as a mom that would sit in the stands hours on end not caring if my kid wins or loses but just the joy of watching them play and do their best would be my main concern. Now don't get me wrong, I love to see a good game when my childs team comes out the winners but if they lose I still love them the same, will buy them ice cream and even have some good laughs about the happenings of that day. I never pushed my kids into doing sports but encouraged them and made myself available to take them to practices, watch games and toss/kick/hit the ball around in the yard. Our one rule is you start it, you finish it even if you do not like it. Then next year you don't have to play.

I always get looks of pity or "I am so glad my kids do not play baseball" during the summertime however I can not tell you the look on my Andrew's face when he tagged the last out and GUESS WHAT? WE ARE GOING TO STATE BABY!!!


I may not be able to do whatever I want this summer but there will not be many more summers like this and one day I will be wishing I had my kids by my side and their activities planning my life.


My goal this week is to take more pictures :)



No comments: